Will My PC run WoW with this set-up? (integrated vid card)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bstedne18

Hi, I'm new to TechSpot, and I was wondering if this PC could effectively run WoW.

(wont let me post a link as this is my first post)
google search DEBRANDED HP ATHLON - under ebay - $219 (thanks so much)

I'm not sure what to expect, and I know that integrated video cards suck compared to an independant VC set-up. The system has 1GB of Ram and a not so bad processor.

What can I expect FPS wise? I don't need an exact answer, but if someone could ball-park it for me that would be great.

PS - Is there any way someone could tell me what type of video card to purchase in regards to the PC and available slots? Ty.

Hello, bstedne18, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your question, if the pc is this one, then it doesn't say what graphics it has or what motherboard so we can't see what it's got, unfortunately. If you can find out what motherboard it has so we can find out its graphics then we can see how it will fare. You will probably expect fairly low fps though, it depends on what resolution you want to use as well.

K....low resolution. What kinda FPS is "fairly low?" 10-15? 15-20? And the link to the PC is all I know about it. I don't have it yet....lol. How might I be able to find out that information?

I guess that's all relative to what you're used to. It might be considered low for you, but if I can average 30 fps on that PC, I'll be more than happy. When "low" was used, was 30 what was in mind? Just curious, and thanks.

Low is when you're running along and your character movements are choppy or jerky. Your character dosen't run smoothly, or you don't see all of the animation from a cast spell. People seem to move fifteen feet in the blink of an eye. That kind of stuff usually happens below 30 frames per second. Your screen resolution will play a big factor in how many frames per second you're getting. The bigger the screen resolution the fewer frames per second you'll get. A decent video card will allow you to move quickly in a crouded place, cast spells and see all the animation, run your screen resolution up and still get very good frame rates and many other good things. Computer processors make lousy video cards and the video chip built into motherboards doesn't usually help much with 3D games when compared to a dedicated gaming video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back