Will this be a good gaming PC?

Hello!

I want to buy a new gaming PC, and I was looking around for something good. Someone recommended me this build:

Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme3
Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003
Graphic card: Asus GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5
PSU: XFX TS Series 550W
HDD: Corsair Vengeance - DDR3
Processor: AMD Black Edition - AMD FX 6350

I'll have to pay around 873 euros for this PC. This includes Windows 7, 1 year warranty, anti virus (Bullguard Anti Virus), and a Sharkoon gaming set (keyboard and mouse).

Is this worth it? Can I play games like League of Legends with no lag? Is it a good pc for its price?? Any advice is much appreciated since I don't have that much knowledge on PCs. I thank you in advance for helping me!

Well that price translates to about 1200 US dollars. IMO you can build a much better pc for that price. I would check out TS's PC buying guide. Their enthusiast level machine seems like a much better deal than the one you posted. Check it out here: https://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/page4.html

Minus the sound card and maybe a cheaper case it is about the same price as the one you posted.

Cheers

Hello!

I want to buy a new gaming PC, and I was looking around for something good. Someone recommended me this build:

Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme3
Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003
Graphic card: Asus GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5
PSU: XFX TS Series 550W
HDD: Corsair Vengeance - DDR3
Processor: AMD Black Edition - AMD FX 6350

I'll have to pay around 873 euros for this PC. This includes Windows 7, 1 year warranty, anti virus (Bullguard Anti Virus), and a Sharkoon gaming set (keyboard and mouse).

Is this worth it? Can I play games like League of Legends with no lag? Is it a good pc for its price?? Any advice is much appreciated since I don't have that much knowledge on PCs. I thank you in advance for helping me!
Yea for the money you can do a much better job with a PC and build something much more powerful. I do not know exactly where your buying this machine (Im assuming based on the way things are phrased its a pre-built) but that is a bit overpriced for what your getting.

I can suggest a set of parts for you to build your own, or I can suggest some better pre-builts but that is a bit more difficult.

Here is a good pre-built with the same GPU but a much better overall configuartion (Processor and stuff)
Lenovo Erazer X510 £903
Zoostrom Z877-0426 £917

Here is a configuration you could build yourself (If you would like to) that would be awesome:

i5 4690K
MSI Z97-G55
Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo
Gskill Ripjaw 1866 8gb (2x4gb
Sapphire R9 280X Toxic
Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1tb 7200RPM
LiteOn DVD Drive
NZXT Phantom Case
Corsair Builder 550Watt Gold PSU
Windows 7 OEM

Now as far as league being maxed out, that is very easy as ive built a machine that maxes league out on a 1080p screen using just the Integrated chip on the A10-7850K and it keeps 60FPS Constant. So you should be fine with anything shown here!

Well that price translates to about 1200 US dollars. IMO you can build a much better pc for that price. I would check out TS's PC buying guide. Their enthusiast level machine seems like a much better deal than the one you posted. Check it out here: https://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/page4.html

Minus the sound card and maybe a cheaper case it is about the same price as the one you posted.

Cheers

Hello! Thank you for sharing that guide with me. That PC looks good but it's a bit more than I want to spend on a PC. I was looking for something around 850 euros, 900 being the max. Is there anything else you'd recommend me for around that price? Or should I just stick to my build? I'm kinda worried about my build now since you said I could get better for that price.

Yea for the money you can do a much better job with a PC and build something much more powerful. I do not know exactly where your buying this machine (Im assuming based on the way things are phrased its a pre-built) but that is a bit overpriced for what your getting.

I can suggest a set of parts for you to build your own, or I can suggest some better pre-builts but that is a bit more difficult.

Here is a good pre-built with the same GPU but a much better overall configuartion (Processor and stuff)
Lenovo Erazer X510 £903
Zoostrom Z877-0426 £917

Here is a configuration you could build yourself (If you would like to) that would be awesome:

i5 4690K
MSI Z97-G55
Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo
Gskill Ripjaw 1866 8gb (2x4gb
Sapphire R9 280X Toxic
Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1tb 7200RPM
LiteOn DVD Drive
NZXT Phantom Case
Corsair Builder 550Watt Gold PSU
Windows 7 OEM

Now as far as league being maxed out, that is very easy as ive built a machine that maxes league out on a 1080p screen using just the Integrated chip on the A10-7850K and it keeps 60FPS Constant. So you should be fine with anything shown here!

Hello!
The pre-built PCs look good, but the PCs are like 1100 euros which is more than I want to spend on a PC. My budget is around 900 euros.

And for the set of parts, some parts are on a discount which is really good, but I'm from Holland and for example that graphic card costs waaaay more here since it's not on a discount. I want to spend around 850 - 900 for a good pc, and someone on a Dutch forum recommended me the build in my first forum post (this is the website http://azerty.nl/winkelmandje/winkelmandje/?legen=1&product[447319]=1&product[626998]=1&product[365411]=1&product[629110]=1&product[692496]=1&product[630964]=1&product[452330]=1&product[7517]=1&product[669216]=1&product[455750]=1&product[605440]=1)
It was not a pre-built PC by the way.

I don't really know that much about PCs so I don't know if my build is good.

Last edited:
Can't edit my last post, I'm on a limit.

But I found another website with parts, which are also around the same price as the parts on Amazon. The total price will still be around 1038 euros.
I probably sound like a total cheapskate lol sorry but I don't want to spend too much on a pc that's all.

The build on the TechSpot guide may be over your budget, but you can easily adjust it. Check out what I did to the build: Screen Shot 2014-07-29 at 4.38.09 PM.png.
You do not need a dedicated sound card since the integrated will do you just fine. Also, there is really no need for an optical drive unless you know you are going to be playing DVDs and Blu Rays. Finally, you can easily swap out the Cooler Master case listed for something cheaper like the Corsair 200R. That will easily cut the price by around $400 USD. That should get you into your budget. Amazon is probably the best bet for you also!

Cheers

The build on the TechSpot guide may be over your budget, but you can easily adjust it. Check out what I did to the build: View attachment 78794.
You do not need a dedicated sound card since the integrated will do you just fine. Also, there is really no need for an optical drive unless you know you are going to be playing DVDs and Blu Rays. Finally, you can easily swap out the Cooler Master case listed for something cheaper like the Corsair 200R. That will easily cut the price by around $400 USD. That should get you into your budget. Amazon is probably the best bet for you also!

Cheers
Ohh, alright. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Back