Will this PSU work for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody.

My psu (Antec smartpower 500w) broke and i found a new one.
But i dont know if it will work with my pc. The mobo says that its a asus p5a02-e deluxe.
The new psu i found is a Corsair vx550w. I dont know much about hardware and i got this pc from a friend a few years back.

Thanks in advance.

Put it this way, your new PSU has a larger capacity than your old one.
It will have no problem outputting the required power. It'll be fine. :)

Thanks for the reply :). But what i needed to know was if all cables would fit etc. Sorry for being a pc noob >.<.

Thanks in advance.

Depending on the PSU's some may have plugs that others don't.
Other than that, they should be the same. I would assume that since your new PSU has more output there may be extra cables (maybe). As long as the plug styles match, you're fine.
Have you compared them side by side?

Ok thanks for the info. By comparing them side by side u mean look if it fits in my case? If so then yes.
I really hope the plug styles match otherwise im screwed because i already ordered it ... lol.

I really hope the plug styles match otherwise im screwed because i already ordered it

What do you mean? Did you order it online? Did you order it from a computer/electronics store? In that case whoever you ordered it from should have been able to match it up for you.
IT will work, PSU's are pretty much a standard size and plugs are the same.

The "ATX standard for PSU includes the plugs. Also, the mounting bolt pattern is standard.
What differentiates PSU's "Connectivity" is that gerenally, a higher wattage PSU will have more connections, rather than less. IE, a 350 watt PSU might only have provision for 2 SATA power connections, but a 500 watter might have four or more.

So, don't worry, all the plugs are standard, and they come under the heading of "Plug and Play" compatibility. You'll be fine, Corsair is a good brand, and it will have more than enough connectors to meet your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back