Will Wright details project HiveMind, first "personal gaming" experience

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Will Wright, creator of SimCity and The Sims, has unveiled his latest project called HiveMind. In a nutshell, HiveMind will be an immersive game that uses real-world information about a…

Read the whole story

Darkshadoe

"The whole idea of sharing personal information for the sake of a video game sounds a bit concerning, but Wright is confident that the younger generation would be alright with the concept if they could be guaranteed a fun experience. After all, many young people volunteer such information on social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter on a daily basis with little ?return?."

insert Pedobear, NAMBLA, or To Catch A Predator joke here.

Arris

So if it tailors a gaming experience around the personal information of someone addicted to playing World Of Warcraft, will it just create a game where you play World Of Warcraft?

Wrong! Ever heard of anything else he has done besides the sims? Yeah, Spores was a HUGE hit, NOT! He said all the same things for his last two games, this guy is a one-hit-wonder.

Darkshadoe

cobra5k said:
Wrong! Ever heard of anything else he has done besides the sims? Yeah, Spores was a HUGE hit, NOT! He said all the same things for his last two games, this guy is a one-hit-wonder.

Might wanna do a little research on that. Ever heard of SimCity?

DokkRokken

And Spore sold over two million copies. I don't see how he is a one hit wonder.

I do wonder what cobra5k was hit in the head with, though.

Arris

Will Wright seems to still be old school when it comes to game design. Fun, innovative and divergent. A lot of game design studios seem to have fallen into the hollywood copy/paste/change and psychological reward system to reinforce grinding/farming/repetative behaviour. Even if he isn't out selling MMOs and FPS games I'll be happy to see how this one turns out....