Win XP HE won't boot up with last known good config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Gang!

Back in early July, my Win XP HE update manager downloaded some updates and prompted me to restart, which I did. Now it won't even boot up properly.

First, I tried with The last known good config and it only gave me the "blue screen of death" and says "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer." and nothing happens, so I manually powered it down.

Next, I tried it with Safe Mode, then I get the blue screen with "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", then, nothing happens. :hotouch:

Can anyone please help??? I really don't want to format my HD as much as possible and my Vaio didn't come with the XP disc(s) to try to boot it with the disc. I'm pretty sure that the update I tried to install is no good. But, then again..I know next to nothing! :)

Thanks in advance!
Roland

It's me again. I hope you guys are not getting tired of these stupid newbie questions! :blush:

Well, I just powered it down and up again and I get the BSOD with "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" now and it did not finish showing the whole message after that.

I'm all lost! Please help.... anyone??... anyone??

Thanks again.
Roland

Now, I tried to start it under Safe Mode with command prompt but just got a blank BSOD!

Totally lost! Please help.

Thanks,
Roland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back