Win7 BSOD -- bad image?

EXCellR8

So the latest blue screen I've encountered is certainly one of the least detailed, and is one that has me sort of baffled and annoyed. I uninstalled my graphics drivers and software and was greeted with this beauty of an error upon restart:

STOP: c000007b {bad image}

winsrv is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error

...that's all the info it gives unfortunately, but it does go on saying about re-installing the program again using original media or contacting admin etc.

I really have no idea what happened to cause this and I'm quite sure I haven't encountered it before. Windows starts to load but then the BSOD appears and Safe Mode doesn't work either, so something is very broken. Any ideas?

*EDIT: Feel free to delete one of these threads as it appears it was posted twice...

I can't unless i can somehow slave my OS drive which is a pair of 80gb ssd... i suppose i could image the disk to a regular drive and then see if i can find the md but that's a few hours of work. The computer won't boot windows at all.

The graphics drivers i uninstalled were a beta set i believe, so I'm sort of thinking when they were removed something vital may have gone with them. That's happened to me before in the past, and I've had to restore the OS. I don't have any images of my OS from this year so I'd like to avoid that if I can.

you are right it is based on the graphics drivers causing a fault somewhere.

I've had a few problems with booting sometimes with a BSOD and in order to get into a OS system that work i used a flash drive.
Could also plug in an external HDD and use that to boot the OS system.

What we need to do now is replace the winsrv.dll file and see if that makes a difference
i found a copy of the file here:
http://dllexedown.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=11_seven32_eng&wr_id=3157&page=91

however this is for windows 7 Ultimate so you made need to searhc the site. i suppose you could try and replace the file manually here and see if that makes a differnece.

Failing that their are options with the registry that can be modified but would probably need to know which beta drivers you downloaded for your graphics card.

hope this helps for now :)

James

ooo um did a little bit of re-search in regards to this and just realise you never specified if it was a DLL or a EXE file tho im guessing the BSOD doesnt show which type it is.

IF ITS WINSRV.EXE then its NOT A WINDOWS SYSTEM FILE.
you might find the following site useful
http://www.file.net/process/winsrv.exe.html

j

sorry should have specified earlier... my OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit... and no the error does not specify the file type.

thanks for the input... and if anyone could help i need some way to to browse my striped raid-0 OS drives via bootable recovery media or another installation of windows. I tried my Avast BART CD but I could not access the RAID configuration to have a look at the files. I haven't changed any BIOS settings since this mess started so it should still be in tact. I need to be able to view the files on my OS drive but I couldn't with the BART CD (due to the absence of RAID drivers I assume). Is there an alternative?

Also, if I install Windows temporarily on my external HDD, would I be able to view the files on the RAID'd drives or would they be inaccessible? I think I may know the source of the problem, so I really need to access the files on the unbootable OS array...

Back