win98 toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a problem with windows 98. When I minimize a window it doesn't show up on the main tool bar on the bottom. Can someone help out with this ASAP? Thanks.

I don't have a fix for it, but something that might make it easier to deal with is if you right click on the task bar and choose "undo minimize", it should restore your windows. You should be able to use ALT+TAB to switch through programs too.

Does this happen with all applications or just a few?

Something else I would suggest is to try booting into safe mode and see if it still does it. If it does not, then there is hope that it could be due to settings, drivers or some weird program opened.

If it still does it, then run system file checker by going to Start/Run and type in sfc . Press [enter] and then insert your Windows 98 CD. This should fix your problem if any files have become corrupted.

You can also restore a previous registry configuration (before this started happening), but if you restart your computer often and the problem has been around for a few days, this might not be worthwhile to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back