Windows 10 Creators update link is back online

By edzz111
Apr 10, 2017
Post New Reply
  1. So I was in the windows update tab in the settings page on win 10, I clicked on the "Good news, the Windows 10 creators update is on its way....", and instead of taking me to the insiders program it took me to a page with the update assistant link in the third sentence.am still downloading it so I cant really comment more. the direct link to the site is https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4014184/windows-10-creators-update-here

2. bazz2004

bazz2004 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,584   +252

I used this route instead of waiting for Windows update because for about two months I have been unable to get a large cumulative update for the Anniversary edition to install. I even disabled Windows update to stop the computer regularly wasting large chunks of time trying to install it. As this seemed likely to be a problem with moving to the new version I used the Microsoft links which are there to help you get the Creators edition more quickly. I was impressed with how it went and have updated my four computers including the problem desktop.

3. edzz111

edzz111 TS Rookie Topic Starter

glad to hear it.I had the same issues with anniversary update but the creators update seems to be bahaving so far

4. bazz2004

bazz2004 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,584   +252

All well so far but I have noticed two things with my errant desktop. The time shown was an hour out and I found that there was an automatic setting for daylight saving time that needed to be turned off. Also, the new version is not compatible with Microsoft Home Essentials so the update removed the program. I've no objection to that but every time I start up the computer I get the same message about this. I can't work out how to stop it.