Windows 10 de-activates itself

WhackedMoss3

Have an old Core2Duo/Quad (belonging to 9 yr old Nephew) that he plays his beloved Fallout series on, gave him hard copy of Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut to play as he occasionally plays when he stays with me while his Dad is at work, installed game and now Windows 10 which was working perfectly fine before, has now de-actived. I suspect that it has something to do with incompatibility of drivers that were on the disk, as the OS was activated and he was able to customize the desktop and theme, has anyone else experienced this? Google search turned up very little in way of help and Microsoft says it it because of old hardware, however I have several of these old systems running Windows 10 and do not have an issue.

I do not think I've experienced of heard of it before.

"de-activated" ....uncertain what you mean.. Windows activation should be continuing if it was previously activated. Old drivers can cause malfunction, but I have often overcome issue by using drivers from earlier OS (32 or 64 depending on version of OS). Check Device Manager for 'broken' drivers.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/windows-10-activation
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/win10-loses-activation-every-day.12077/
I think that second link touches on the idea that the record of activation may be lost (or not being recorded)...and a clean install may be the answer.

Ive had this happen to me on a few different computers. Heres what I ended up doing to fix it. So I contacted the microsoft support, allowed them to take control of my pc and then they gave me a new code which reactivated. Most times, it took a total of 30 or so minutes, hope this helps!

Ive had this happen to me on a few different computers. Heres what I ended up doing to fix it. So I contacted the microsoft support, allowed them to take control of my pc and then they gave me a new code which reactivated. Most times, it took a total of 30 or so minutes, hope this helps!
Hello, thank you Cycloid Torus and acaf10 for replying to my question, I ended up wiping the drive and doing a back up each time I downloaded one of my nephews games, it turned out to be some sort of incompatibility between Windows 10 and the drivers found on the disc copy of Assassin's Creed (no surprise there), so far there have been no other issues with Windows deactivating itself. Nephew is not terribly worried about this as when he comes and stays with me I have it on one of my Windows XP machines and he is quite happy to play on that, he was more concerned it would affect his Fallout games. I did contact Microsoft after each time Windows deactivated and each time was assured that this was a genuine licence (as this is an OEM key Windows support is very limited so I do not think they would have provided me with a new key). I have done several of these machines with OEM keys and this is the first time, Oh well, you live and learn.

Back