Windows 2000 dual boot with ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

This is my first thread.

Yesterday, I installed Windows 2000 Pro, but did this by installing a new copy of windows 2000 (clean install) and not upgrading to W2000 (which Microsoft recommends) as it was my understanding that ME cannot upgrade to 2000.

Now when I startup a message comes up saying 'Please select the operating system to start:
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Microsoft Windows (refers to ME)

This morning I tried reinstalling W2000 hoping that this might delete ME, but I'm now left with:

a) my W2000 pro installed with all updates from yesterday (good)
b) ME which isn't functioning properly (not good)

I would like to either:

1) Completely remove ME (is this partitioned?) so that I only have W2000.
2) If this does not work, completely remove both operating systems and restart the process with W2000 only (I have a full, and not upgrade disk, so can do this).

I probably should have taken the recommended route to replace ME with W2000, so maybe this is why I'm in this situation now.

Many Thanks for any advice.

Tim

If you have no information stored on the disk that you need, a full format is your best option. This will make sure that there is no left-overs of the previous operating system. Formatting wipes all information from the disk, so make sure pictures, documents, music etc are backed up first.

If you boot from the Windows 2000 CD-ROM, it should give you the option to format the disk (best to use NTFS).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back