Windows 2000 user profile corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to delete a folder from a DVD (R/W). Couldn't because folder was read only. Could not remove read-only option because access was denied. The folder was saved on the DVD as a copy of My Documents about a year ago. It has only 1 txt file (Notepad) named SourcePath with a yellow star near the bottom right. Its contents is: -

[Source Path]
RootPath=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\
UNC=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\
ComputerName=NV1-K5CYFAWAXGM

I have 2 win2k OSs on my system. Deleted the folder in Administrator\ Administrator\My Documents but still couldn't remove it from the DVD. Then restored the folder from the recycle bin. Shortly after all documents, icons etc disappeared from screen leaving only the blue background. Press crtl+alt+del for task manager. Ended all programs but screen remained the same. Restarted PC, entered user password, while loading personal settings message says user profile is corrupted, check with your administrator. Clicked ok and message appeared again. Clicked ok again. System came up but without most of the screen icons (desktop) and applications. Have to reinstall Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers. The My Documents folder has only one folder MyPictures which is empty.
I am the only user of my pc and am the administrator. I notice that C\Documetns and Settings\ has 2 Administrator folders. 1 is Administrator and the other Administrator.bak.
Can I recover my previous system. I don't have a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back