Windows 7 BSOD

bj00uk

Hi, how is everyone?

I need some help, I need to get my Java programming assignment done but I can't because I keeping getting BSOD on my PC.

Here is the Story :)
My windows 7 had gone a little bit wrong/corrupt and I was encountering many difficulties so I decided to reformat the PC and install Windows fresh. (I use my Universities msdnaa copy of Windows 7). I was installing Windows again it got all the way till the end and restarted (usually take you to setting up windows accounts) and then I recieved a BSOD with error code

STOP: 0x0000007e (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0x000000005F505249, 0xFFFFF880031C48E8, 0xFFFFF880031C4140)

I didnt know what was wrong, I removed everything connected to the PC via USB etc... and tried again and still got the error, thinking it was a RAM problem I removed 3 of 4 RAM sticks, and tried again and still did not work, I carried on trying a few more time and managed to get Windows Installed and everything was working. I then started to install programs back on my computer so I could get back to normal, I installed my Anti-Virus, Firewall, wireless drivers and audio drivers everything was working fine, I left it unattended for a moment when I got back all of a sudden the pc crashed again with another BSOD, when the PC restarted I managed to get the following information

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF880031808E8
BCP4: FFFFF88003180140
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\012811-47096-01.dmp
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-72337-0.sysdata.xml

Can anyone Please help me as after shuting down my PC I can not longer access Windows apart from SafeMode.

EDIT
Everytime it restarts and gives me a BSOD straight after "Starting Windows" screen and everytime the values in the brackets 0x0000007e (<values>
, <values>, <values>, <values>) are different

You should be able to access from Safe Mode...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Hi, find attached the 3 minidumps available on the PC. I have had to zip them as they where over the 200kb filesize

I have reset BIOS and removed my second Hard Drive, as part of the eliminating process.
I also have BlueScreenView download now, as I trying to find the problem myseld aswell.

Many Thanks

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    61 KB · Views: 1
As per all three files your issue is with Nvidia video card driver nvlddmkm.sys. I suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Thank you very much Route44.

That seems to have done the trick. Brilliant.
I also remove the graphics card and done a quick clear up in side the PC and reinsertted it.
I think this site needs a rep points system so I could give you + rep.

Regards

Excellent! And glad to help. There are a number of regular contributors here that I admire because they are so good at what they do. For an example, take a look at our Virus and Removal forum.

Hi, I have been here for some time now aswell, and you have helped me before :approve: , I initially joined to help people out aswell but when I got here and saw some of the comments I realised I don't even know half of what some members do, so I decided to get help.

The computer is running really slow now, even though it was formatted and a fresh install was done, anything you could recommend? I don't want to install Windows again after yesterdays nightmare :(

Is this slowness after the reformat or video card update? How long has it been running slow?

The slowness is after the re-format. I have used Malawarebytes and Avast and they say there is no virus.

I don't want to reformat just incase I get some more BSODs again, rather get my programming assignment done before I go through all that again.

edit;
any test application or sites you could recommend for me do do quick performance scan, I used PCPitStop OverDrive and it seems to be fine according to that

Two excellent security softwares.

When did you do the reformat and was it this slow before the video driver update?

They truly are great security tools.

I reformatted it yesterday, about 16.00 GMT time I carried on reformating and installing Windows several times each time encountering BSOD until about 23.00 GMT, at which point Windows Installation completed without a BSOD and I managed to get into a freshly installed copy of Windows, I was installing Avast, Comodo, and Malwarebytes, wireless and audio drivers and then 10 mintues later recieved the BSOD again so I never managed to test out anything power hungry. I then decided to use my iPhone to start this thread.

Because I never managed to install or use any of my usual prgrams until I managed to log in to Windows after using Driver Sweeper, I really can't be sure of when the computer become slow.

edit:
sometimes all of a sudden the mouse will stop responding for a few seconds and pc will bleep (device disconnected/connected sound) and it will work again

Do the following and note Yellow Triangles and especially Red Xs and what they flag:

Start > Run > type EventVwr.msc > Okay

Red X's
Saying critical referring the BSOD shutdowns.

Red ! marks
There is many with NTFS error telling me to do a chkdsk which I did yesterday.
DHCP client and not being able to obtain ip address
There is a few about atapi saying driver controller error (could this be the mouse problem?)
There is several with NetBT and that my WORKGROUP could not be registered for some reason?

Yellow Trigangle
WLAN AutoConfig about wireless service being stopped

Okay, almost all of them are pointing to networking. It is quite possible either your wireless drivers are corrupted or need an update or your NIC card is bad.

By the fact you reformatted and are still getting issues means that it most likely is not an OS issue.

I will try updating my drivers if a newer driver is available.

Any ideas on why my PC keeps making disconnected sound, causing mouse to stop responding for a few seconds?
and some times it does not respond until restarted?

I am stil having problems with the mouse, I have gone into device manager and click uninstall and restarted the pc using keyboard,
I have tried changing the usb port it is connected to it with no chance

Hmmm. let's approach this from a totally different angle. Have you ever ran a harddrive diagnostics before?

Yes, I have I used to have some seagate diagnostics tools on my PC before, Do you recommend me download it again from Seagate?

Back