Windows 7 Ult x64 has become weirdly slow - sometimes

Ordog28

Hi!

Things got really slow - I went over to the Malware forum, and it seemed to be a bit better then came back, as bad but a bit different. Now, programs load very slowly, esp Thunderbird, FireFox; changing power setting, pressing the button selector, one can press and set back and count a few seconds. Sometimes I can type faster than it goes, etc. MSE went berserk, taking resources; upon loading now DDCOM has crazy CPU usage for a while. It seems like something take resources, sometimes, and FireFox started with an extra window once that went away in split second.

I'm a fairly advanced user, and have solved my own issues except one other time. I am open to suggestions.

Win 7 PC - could be quite old? If so, run some hardware checks as well as software checks. From your post it does not seem to be restricted only to when using browser(s) or the internet ? If it IS only slow for internet activity, continually run a network meter and watch your download speed, since the amount of traffic is increasing exponentially and your ISP may not be keeping up.

Last edited:
Back