Windows 7 x86 or x64?

Greetings folks, I will go straight to the point, I have always used 32-bit operating systems (x86) but lately I've considered making the leap to 64bit.
My fear of change to 64bit lies in 2 factors, "loss of performance and compatibility issues."

-I would like some opinions based on your own experiences on the subject, I mainly use the PC for, games, video editing (Adobe ® Premier), image editing (Adobe ® Photoshop), reproduction of A/V and office .

Info of my PC for reference.
CPU: Q6600@3.2
RAM: 3Gb
GPU: SLI GTX 260

In advance thanks to those who respond.

I think we're well past the point of x64 compatibility issues for games, Photoshop, Office, etc.
Not really sure why there would be a loss of performance?

I think there were some performance comparisons done with games on 32bit vs 64bit when Vista 64 came out that showed around a 1% performance loss running a 32bit game in Vista 64 over Vista 32. So that may be the performance loss he's talking about. 1% shouldn't matter that much, if its even 'real' anymore.

There really is no reason to not use 7 64bit if you are wanting to install 7 and have a 64bit processor.

There is also a sticky at the top of this subforum addressing whether you should install 64bit or 32bit Windows 7.

Back