Windows boot manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi hoping someone could help.the computer is a home computer dell dimension and everytime i start it it goes to windows boot manager
windows failed to start.A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. to fix the problem

1. insert your windows installation disk and restart your computer
2. choose your language settings ,and click next
3 Click " repair your computer"

If you do not have disk contact your system administarator or computer manufacturer for assistance

File \boot\BCD

Status; 0xc000000f

info, an error occurred while attemping to read the boot configuration data

I have the disk and inserted it and restarted but it still comes back to the windows boot manager with the same error.

I got past that problem by pressing f8(are maybe f12) and ran the repair disc.the computer worked great for two hours so i returned it to my friend.He started it no problem and it ran for 12 hours untill the same problem happened again.I'm picking it up tomorrow and was hoping someone could give me a few tips as what to check out if i can run the repair disc again. Thanks for the help

Malware would be a suspect. See the 8-step Virus remove forum instructions. The other lesser-possibility would be a failing HDD. The age of the PC might hint at how likely that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back