"windows cannot find any networks"

Status
Not open for further replies.

outlander83

i just bought a new wireless card (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260471276252&_trksid=p2759.l1259) to put in my medion akoya 3300 which previous to this always had a wired connection.

i installed the vista driver just fine, under device manager it says all is fine but when i try to connect to a network it just says windows cannot find any networks.

i have a psp and ps3 in the same room both of which get between 80 and 100 per cent signal.

i have tried everything i can think of, set up a manual connection, put the card in a different pci slot, re installed the driver. nothing worked.

i am going out of my fukcing mind with this thing, can someone please help.

Pretty difficult to help you troubleshoot this on TechSpot. You have missed something. We have all done it. But figgering out what you have done or not done will take a lot of guesswork. Do you have any local friend who is familiar with wireless?
Then, of course, there are all the problems with an eBay device that doesn't have the manual.
One effort that works, but not rapidly, is to remove everything... all the software, all the installs, and start over... reading each step
Be sure your firmware and software are exactly correct, and keep notes as you go over each line in the instructions from the online website of the manufacturer.

no one close who knows about this stuff mate. i had hopped it might be something fairly common. i did put it in step by step though. think its more then likly a software issue rather then hard ware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back