Windows freezes, BSOD etc. every hour

waterproof

Every one hour I get the following;
(running Windows 7 64nit)

Computer freeze, even when PC is not doing anything
Then BSOD but its few seconds so I don't know what error it was
Screen is stuck on BIOS splash screen, does nothing, have to power hard reboot PC
No minidump AT ALL.

Its been happening for last 2 days, if I leave pc idle, I come back to the pc error:

Windows 7, "Repair your computer"
Windows failed to start. A Recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your langugae settings, and then click next
3. Click "repair your computer."
Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

---

Pressing 'continue' seems to get stuck on the same screen unless I hard power reboot.

* Reseat PC parts
* Did PC repair Windows 7

(event viewer just says: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.) which isn't helping much.

Anyone can assist the error I'm getting?

A dying power supply can cause this kind of problem, and it is cheaper and easier to replace than anything else at this point. Do you understand now?

It's possible the power supply is the cause, but with problems of this nature it could be something else. That said, other component failure tends to leave tell-tale signs in dump files. I agree with Tmagic650, you need to test the computer with another power supply before proceeding further.

The reality of the situation is it might need several parts swapping out to find the cause. In other to test other components you do need to use a power supply that is known to be good, however.

I tested it with a spare psu, same issue.
I eventually found out what was the cause and it was my ssd and the firmware needed an update as it is a known issue with my model type for the ssd, so happy I got it fixed :)

Thanks for the update waterproof. You never mentioned your system specs or that you were running an SSD:)

Back