Windows OS Blackscreen / Failing to load 11 drivers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I have an ABS laptop with the following specs:

Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz
Microsoft XP Home Edition
1.00 GB of RAM
60 GB HD Space at 7200 rpm
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9600 Mobile
etc. and so forth

Anyways, I am having major computer trouble. Here's the deal:

Upon startup, the system either freezes at the "Windows XP" logo, or proceeds to bring me to the login screen; after I enter my login information, I can see my icons and background for about a split-second before the screen goes black. I can hear the rest of the loading process finish in the background, leading me to believe it's a display screen problem...

Starting up the computer in safe mode, I opened the event viewer to see what the hell was going on. There were several (and by several, I mean nine or ten) error logs in a row, the most pertinent being:

- A bunch of individual drivers failed to load because a "device attached to the system is not functioning" (Event ID: 7001)

- The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Fips
IPSec
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
Processor
RasAcd
Rdbss
SAVRT
SAVRTPEL
Tcpip
(Event ID: 7026)

System Restore was turned off in order to solve an earlier problem that I had awhile back, so that isn't really an option. Disk Check reads no errors on any of the system parts (as usual :p). Any other measures I should try? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

That sounds like you have a corrupted OS install. I would look at wiping and reinstalling. If that does not work, and you get the same symptoms, or the install does not complete, then that may point towards hardware problems such as faulty motherboard. Most likely, however, these problems are due to file corruption. You could try a repair by booting from your Windows CD and selecting repair options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back