Windows shutdown/BSOD during games

Hi there!

Beforehand, I would like to apologize in advance for any English mistakes as it is not my native language.

This is my first post here on TechSpot and since it has helped me in the past for other issues, I figured this would be the right place to come. I realize that there are several other similar posts relating to my issue, but I figure accurate help would be easier if I created my own.

So here goes: my PC first started experiencing issues a year ago when it would randomly shut down, at first when playing games but as time went it would crash at any time. In my desperation, I figured I would try installing a fresh version of Windows (I previously ran Vista, now 7) would clear things up. At first, it worked wonders and now the problem has returned to haunt me. My PC crashes when playing games (League of Legends) and occasionally BSOD's. I have tried defragmenting, run scans for this and that and so far my conclusion is that the root is a hardware issue since the problem rose both with Vista and 7.

I am begging you - help a man in despair. Thank you in advance!

Crashes during game play usually have to do with video cards and video drivers, but because you have had this problem for a long time... I suspect that the power supply may not be good or big enough

Crashes during game play usually have to do with video cards and video drivers, but because you have had this problem for a long time... I suspect that the power supply may not be good or big enough

Video cards and video drivers: could it not just as well be these who are at fault? I mean, if they are faulty, they stay that way? (Dunno if I'm making myself clear)
Power supply: what can I do about this? Do I need to buy a new one or is there something I can do at home?
Any other suggestions are heartily welcome!

You haven't mentioned anything about this computers specs. What is the make and model of this computer and it's power supply?

Sorry - I'm a real newbie at this.
Hope this is what you're asking for. However, I'm short on information about the power supply. Do I need to open my case to find out? Thank you so much for answering.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
Language: Danish (Regional Setting: Danish)
System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
System Model: FJ421AA-UUW a6552.sc
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
Page File: 2219MB used, 5967MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Okay, the power supply is a 300 watt... You need to replace it with a 500- 650 watt ATX power supply

Back