Windows Vista won't boot past verifying DMI pool Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYo888

Come on Techspotters you have yet to let me down.
Ive been able to help a few xp systems come back to life in the past but never dealt with Vista.
I've read quite a few posts on dmi pool data but most seem to be new builds so I'm not sure if any of the fixes mentioned there would be helpful in this situation.
This system belongs to a friend of mine so I don;t really have any history on the way its been acting up to this point.
The system is an ACER Aspire M1100 with an AMD Athlon 64x2 running Vista
320 gb SATA HDD
4 gig RAM

The computer was bought new but he says there were no disks included.

When I first boot the system the Acer screen comes up with options to press [del] for setup and [F12] for boot menu and both are accessable.

If you allow it to go past that screen it shows a black screen (like dos mode)
The very first time I booted it it showed
...... Verifying DMI pool DATA...... update success
Every other time afterwards it only shows
......verifying DMI POOL DATA .....
thats it! The cursor returns to the next line but it won't allow you to type any commands.

I'm kind of at a loss as to how to approach this issue so any advice would be greatly appreciated

This is right after the IDE/Sata devices are detected... but the before the OS begins to load. You will need to get a Vista install DVD and boot from it, to repair the startup problem when the option is presented. The Vista boot loader has been corrupted

Thanks for the reply TMagic. If he orders a recovery disk from Acer would I be able to perform the repairs with that? If so I'll set him to the task of contacting Acer to order the Recovery Disks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back