Windows XP Internet Connection Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimp

Hey all, haven't posted here in forever. :monkey:

I installed vista for the third time, realized once again that i hated it, and now have reinstalled windows XP. The thing is, for some reason I cant connect to the internet.

Heres two screen shots of my connection:

My mobo is the p5n32e-sli, perhaps it could be a driver related problem? My house has a LAN set up, my pc not being the host. My pc shows no response when i unplug or plug my internet cable back in...maybe the cord could have been damaged some how?

Appreciate the help, chimp:approve:

1. verify there's no problems with the driver.
    use the device manager->Network Adapters and expand the [+].
    there should be no red or yellow marks on the devices
  2. please describe ALL hardware from the modem to your pc (include device-make-model)
  3. post the results from run->cmd /k ipconfig /all

1394 connection is not your LAN connection. From my understanding its like a firewire connection for network sharing.

You need to make a new connection

This isn't really my area. joebeard will know

Edit:I didn't realize that you had already responded joe

Thanks guys, heres my pc, modem and router info:

PC:

Mobo: Asus P5N32-E SLI
CPU: Intel E6320 core 2 duo
RAM: 2G DDR2 pc-6400 rev2
HD: 320G SII
GFX: 8800 GTS 512mb oc
PS: ocz 700 watts

Modem:

Speadstream 5200

Router:

Motorola, model WR850G

It seems there aren't any problems with the driver according to the device manager, and when i did the "run->cmd /k ipconfig /all", it just stated Windows IP Configuration, with nothing else in the cmd box.

Thanks again for all the help here guys :)

that's what I thought. your adapter is not running and is not getting ANY information
from the router to configure the TCP.

That router is wireless. you need to configure the router using a WIRED connection.
Once that is done, you use the Network Wireless Wizard to access the router.

jobeard said:
that's what I thought. your adapter is not running and is not getting ANY information
from the router to configure the TCP.

That router is wireless. you need to configure the router using a WIRED connection.
Once that is done, you use the Network Wireless Wizard to access the router.

Thanks for the help again, though i have still not solved this problem. I'm aware the router is wireless, but i wish to set up a wired connection with it because my bathroom wall's piping blocks the signal. How would i go about configuring the router with a wired connection? I've tried setting it up by following various user guides but they deal mostly with wireless connections. I've had a wired connection with this system going for a long time, so i know its possible.

In my device manager i have a list of unknown devices, and im nearly certain the P5N32-E sli has a built in network card.

I appreciate the help guys :)

EDIT: I also have 2 "Other PCI Bridge Device" in my device manager, and it claims the drivers arent installed. Are these most likely motherboard specific drivers? I can't find much good from Asus.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back