Windows XP Office Server xl and files

Status
Not open for further replies.

deseraligears

Not sure about forun but i work off site and company server is remotely accessed if i try to send a file ex. xl in the outlook i get no adresses and no way to send! I have tried cut and past but its a pain . If i go into company server its slow a lasp and cannot excess files from xl. thoughts thanks

You need to clarify what it is you are trying to do!

Are you trying to send to an email account? And does the Server have an account?

Do you need to run Excel on the Server and does it have Excel?

Trick! One thing you can do is, on your end send to yourself and close outlook.

Then log to server and run Web mail for your account and download to the Server.

This will get the job done but get us more details and we may can help you do it a more conventional way.

Mike

files ecel and server

Thanks for reply Mike. Ok I am trying to send photos taken and downloaded in my photos.
When I log on to company server one I cannot find file in my phots and the same thing goes for a xl file. its like they are two separate systems well actually they are,

It is this way because we could not access our company server because of a issue with the location and DSL .

My question is how do I get files from non server OS to Company outlook and server. The outlook in non company has no address and will not send. very frustrating i have tried cut paste drag drop nothing.

email

no I am saying I cannot send photos or xls from outlook in Server of company and when not on server, inother words I soenloaded pictures but cannot send them becase its says application nor recognisised and i cannot drag and drop it lets you darg it or you get a x in the o but it does not send or recognise. does that make sense

Fraid not!

Forget the Server for now!

Answer this Do you have an active email account on your office computer. Outlook express, Outlook, Gmail etc?

Mike

yes i have a server at work

when I take photos with a camera and download to my pictures I cannot send them to mail receipients in outlook.

let me try to explain. my dilemma when i try to send JPG's from file it does nnot show file.

what i mean is the outlook for work is not the same as the outlook that is outside of company server. so when I sign on I have the option of going on line outside of our server
and sign in via a bookmark to company outlook . but the jpg's don't open when attached

or I cannot find file if I go in the actual company outlook.

I am trying to send the jpg's from camera I have hooked directly and still it will not recognize.

can you tell me how to transfer to a folder that can be opened from sompany connection

I am sure I have not explained this correctly if so i apologize.

Bottom line I down load pictures and cannot send and it will not let me drag and drop!!i
thanks as always

You can manually open the picture(s) in your favorite picture viewer) and then save them as a copy to another location (say Desktop - new folder, or somewhere) Then send it from there.

By the way email and large attachments never mix well
Many users prefer to use free servers to upload the picture, and then just send the link through emailing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back