WinXP - Running A Slideshow On Second Monitor/TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a laptop running WinXP Home, and I have it connected to a TV via the monitor vga-out port. This uses Dual-View rather than the standard Multiple-Monitors, as it is a laptop (I don't know if this makes any difference yet).

The problem is when I open up a picture folder and click "Slideshow", it always displays the pictures on my laptop screen insted of the TV. It doesn't make any difference where the picture folder window is when I click "Slideshow". I've also tried other programs but to no avail.

Does anyone know how to get the slideshow to view on the TV when connected to the laptop??

Thanks.

When you have it hooked up, do you actually already see your desktop on your television? Or is the screen black and you havent enabled the output...? Because I have a friend with a laptop and he has to hit something like Shift F5 or something to enable his output..

Yes I do see the picture on the TV. I can view the slideshow when I use simultaneous casting (ie. the exact same picture appears on my laptop as on the TV). The problem is when I "extend" my desktop onto the TV (ie. two different pictures).

What I want is to have the index/directory of pictures on my laptop screen, and the slideshow on the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back