Wireless B or Wireless G

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2MB cable broadband connection, i'm looking at going wireless but not sure what to get. wireless b is cheaper than wireless g, but i'm going to be connecting my Xbox, 2 pc's (One of which will be connected by a wire into the wireless router), a laptop and in the future my Nintendo DS and Nintendo Revolution. which one will be better for my setup? all i use the connection for is internet and online gaming

thanks in advance for any help

I would go with g only because you are planning to expand the network. If it were just one laptop and one other piece I would have said b.

As you are only interested in Internet, the b version is more than enough.
The 11-b or 54-g only play a role if you do regular large file-transfers within your network.
It'll be a while before you get any internet home-connection over 10MB.
So save yourself the money and go for b. Buy e.g. more RAM with the price-difference.

realblackstuff said:
As you are only interested in Internet, the b version is more than enough.
The 11-b or 54-g only play a role if you do regular large file-transfers within your network.
It'll be a while before you get any internet home-connection over 10MB.
So save yourself the money and go for b. Buy e.g. more RAM with the price-difference.
Very well said RBS. You wouldn't believe how many people feel they NEED to have 802.11G just to have it. But if it's only for internet, save your money and get B!

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back