Wireless Internet connection problems

cableman

I have a new HP laptop running Windows 7 and a home network setup with a wireless router. The other computers on my home network are wired in and I have used my laptop in the network with its wireless ability.

Last night I left it running and when I awoke I found that it had suffered a shutdown. When I logged back in I could not get internet services. I have run the troubleshooter in network connections and have received the following message: "Peer Name Resolution Protocol Service (PNRPsvc) is not running."

I have never encountered this particular problem and I am not familiar with PNRPsvc. The wired in computers are all fine and have no problem connecting to the internet.

We just replaced our old router with this new one which is g/n compatible and we had no problems before. We live in the country with no close neighbors so I did not set up a password. It should automatically connect like before.

If anyone knows how I can fix this I would greatly appreciate it.

I have found a new symptom. It seems that I cannot restart my Windows Security Center. I also show that I do have a network connection. I show packets sent at 3,146 and packets received at 4,342 and duration at 20:07 and counting,

I am beginning to think I have some sort of hijack mal-ware. I just cleaned my computer from the Windows 7 antispyware 2012. It was only a couple of days ago and then I had the computer shutdown.

I read a post from a google result that talked about deleting the file : "C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking\idstore.sst"

I have deleted it and restarted the computer to no change and then restored it.

other discussions note this problem and suggest running SFC /SCANNOW

I am not familiar with SFC ?SCANNOW , as a matter of fact I have never heard of it.; From what I have read there have been more problems using this option than have been results. Do you have an alternative suggestion?

I think I should move my problem to the malware section.

SFC /SCANNOW is a tool to ensure the correct versions of system code are coordinated (ie the dependencies are all correct).

This solution has been effective in the past, especially where fixes were applied and new symptoms have arose.

Your choice - -

I am sorry if my comment was considered rude. That was not my intention. I am searching for answers. If I re-install Windows then I will lose my Microsoft Word program that will take several hundred dollars to replace and I take college courses online and this is not only the last option but I am unable to turn in assignments due to this problem and my grades are being trashed and they were all in the 90s before this. Now I am barely passing because of uncompleted work that they may not accept late. I am paying thousands of dollars in student loan tuition.

I am most times skeptical of things that I am unfamiliar with but I have an open mind if you would describe to me how to go about using this option I would be appreciative. I am sorry if I was rude or short with you, it was not intentional. of course I appreciate your assistance.

I am sorry if my comment was considered rude. That was not my intention. I am searching for answers. If I re-install Windows
Personally, I am dedicated to avoiding reinstalls at all costs
then I will lose my Microsoft Word program that will take several hundred dollars to replace
Yea and lots of other software might need reinstalling too and that's a waste of time & effort.

Btw: OpenOFFICE is compatible with Word, Excel & Powerpoint -- and it's FREE :)

I am most times skeptical of things that I am unfamiliar
that's a healthy attitude. At least you're NOT like the guy that admitted
"Everytime I cut that piece of word, it's still too short".
describe to me how to go about using this option I would be appreciative.
you need to logon as admin
you'll need the Windows CD
get to a command prompt window and litterally enter the sfc /scannow

Back