Wireless Internet Issues - Laptop Won't Connect, PS3 Will

Artzdelux

Here is my situation, it's probably something that is easily solved but I am not good at networking....

My laptop will not connect wirelessly to my home wireless internet. I recently had to reinstall windows on the laptop and reset wireless router (changed ISPs).

My laptop will connect to other wireless networks with no issues (school, work, in-law's place).

My PS3 has no issue connecting to my home network either - in fact, the re-initialization/ recognition of the wireless internet on the PS3 was a breeze (why can't it all be that simple)?

I am assuming that there is some setting or something I am not correctly configuring that is preventing the laptop to connect to only the home network but have no idea what it could be since it will connect other places and the PS3 connects.

I have a Netgear Wireless Router WGR614.

Please help!

Solved

Fixed the issue last night. I changed the security on the router from WPA-Psk to WPA and now the laptop connects with no problems.

I didn't get any replies but thought I would post the solution anyway in case some one else has the same issue.

i was jsut reading and the first thing that came to my mind was that its a key issue :p ...older devices dont support newer security standards

Back