WNats the best site for downloads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We use SuSE 9.0 and SuSE 10 here at the office. I very rarely need to download applications seperately, unless it's a different version of something, like MySQL or apache2 or perl or something..

what exactly are you wanting to download, maybe i can help with specific things.
www.suse.com will get you updates aswell.
( using Yast-online-update takes to long. )

Isn't there heaps (like too many) dvd/cd burning utilities.

I don't do any cd burning in Linux so maybe there's no good graphical ones. User friendly , whilst not avoided, isn't really a major priority for most of the guys programming these apps.

on hte mp3, well now I know there's heaps of those.. if only I could remember what they're called.

I'll check my SuSE install disks..

Balzi

mp3 related items in SuSE 10:

amarok
k3b
kaffeine
ripit
grip

dvd/cd buring apps (some are in both lists):
kaffeine
k3b
dvd+rw-tools

hope that helps you out.

to my knowledge, the tools are not the difficult part to organise with burning to optical media.. it's getting linux to properly access your burner hardware.
and for mp3 playback, I know of a few people who had trouble getting there sound system working properly.

Balzi

I'm 99% sure that debian houses all packages (.deb) on their own special servers so that your built debian upgrade and installer tool, called apt-get, can retrieve and install whatever you wish..

it is very powerful, you can ask for different versions, it will normally pull in ALL dependencies with the main application you asked for. linux needs more of that.

Balzi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back