Word 2002 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodsocks

Strange problem this, something I haven't come up against before. If I open up a new document in word when I hit carriage return the curser drops to the bottom of the page for the next line of text. If I type another line of text the previous line moves up a little, so if I carry on typing to fill a whole page eventually the lines move up, or the spaces between line becomes smaller, and the page is full. This makes typing difficult, I have checked all settings in word and have even deleted it and re-installed it but to no avail.
Word worked fine for over 12 months and then suddenly started playing up, if I open a previously saved document the spacing is OK, its just a new document. I have deleted the normal.dot template to try and fix it, other word processing packages seem to be OK, eg, wordpad, works etc.
The pc has been scanned for virus's with AVG 7 and for spyware with Ad-aware and Spybot.
Has anyone any suggestions as to whats going on here?

According to this thread HERE deleting/renaming templates does seem to be the key.

Choice quote -

".. ignore the two entries with the Internet Explorer "E" icon.
Delete the one with the tilde (~) in the front. Rename the other three to normal.old..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back