Word Locking Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tifc8lraz

On my parent's computer, whenever Word is opened it just sits there and never loads. If keeps the colors of whatever is shown above it. I have uninstalled it and removed all of the registry keys, and regular files, reinstalled and it didn't work. I restored my system, and it didn't work. I removed some programs that could have caused conflicts, still doesn't work. Everything else does; Powerpoint, Excel, etc.

Are there any scratches or blemishes on the disk? What version of Office is it? '03, 2000? Sometimes the disk gets old and doesn't transfer all the files to it's directory correctly resulting in corrupt files causing lockups, invest a few bucks and get a cd cleaning unit that might do it. Good luck!

Check the Microsoft site for patches, updates or service packs to your version of Microsoft Office. Perhaps that will fix it.

mailpup said:
Check the Microsoft site for patches, updates or service packs to your version of Microsoft Office. Perhaps that will fix it.

There are many patches available for all versions of Office. Office 2000 has 3 Service Pack updates! Do a Google search for "Office Updates" to find the office downloads site

I fixed it! For some reason, when I turned on the Norton processes in msconfig and restarted, all was fine. Argggg ;) !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back