Work and Play? Razer Blade Pro (2015) Review

Shawn Knight

Staff member

work play razer blade pro review razer laptop desktop replacement razer blade pc gaming gaming laptop

The Razer Blade has earned a solid reputation among those looking for a lightweight gaming notebook, but what if your mobile gaming rig also doubles as your productivity machine? Sure, a 14-inch system could technically get the job done but a working professional would greatly benefit from something a bit larger if you plan this to be your desktop replacement. The extra real estate for gaming wouldn't hurt either.

If it’s an all-in-one gaming and productivity machine you’re after, Razer would encourage you to check out the larger Blade Pro. The 2015 revision features a generous 17.3-inch display which affords the real estate necessary for the highlight of the notebook, Razer’s Switchblade UI.

Before we get ahead of ourselves, let’s start with the basics. The Blade Pro is powered by Intel’s Core i7-4720HQ, a quad-core chip clocked at 2.6GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz), mated to 16GB of DDR3 RAM alongside a 512GB mSATA SSD and a 1TB hard drive for storage.

Read the complete review.

I wonder if they are planning to design there own portable graphics card system like alienware, would make this laptop make more sense if you wanted to play actual games just plug it in for more performance

"Gaming" laptop with GPU & CPU naming schemes is a scam that should be regulated or banned altogether. My not too computer savvy, teenage neighbours comes to me recently and asks for help with either mobile i5 not starting Dragon Age (patch required) or asking if his 660m will be enough for upcoming games that got GTX660 in minimum. That's retarded. I know the rules of the trade, know the difference, but for majority of consumers that's just false advertising. Anyway, I tell them its not a game for children anyway, but its not fair for buyers. And sellers, those f*cking c*nts will tell people anything to sell outdated, castrated tech. Some regulatory bodies should spank those companies hard.

This thing is a joke. $2200 should get you a 980m or m295X without a doubt.
I agree. The premium price is probably attributed to the custom green USB ports Razer buys (they are expensive) xD (joke lol).

But I am really impressed at how much better the 960m performs over the 860m. @Shawn Knight, are you sure the 960M is just a clock speed boost haha?

The laptop is just amazing, the best... The support the WORST!!!
If you have problems with your Razer Pro, as me that my battery get damaged, you simply can't buy the battery.
You need to send the Razer Pro to his headquarters and wait they return again it.
If you get a simply cable damaged the same.
Don't buy Razer products because if you have some problem you can't buy the replacement part.
Take care!*

Back