Workstation Lock Background Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smartkid

Hi,

This is a relatively simple question that I haven't been able to figure out on my own.
Last week I changed the wallpaper on my Dekstop. When I used CTRL+ALT+DELETE to lock my workstation, the computer would lock with the default blue background image.

However, now when I try to lock my workstation, the wallpaper appears on in the background. How can I revert back to the old settings?

In essence, I want my personal wallpaper displayed when I'm using the computer but want the default blue screen displayed when the computer is locked and I am away from my desk.

Thanks

I'm not sure why yours changed background, there may in fact be a free fix out there, but I haven't Googled this issue for you. I suspect that MS TechNet forum may help you, if you don't receive further response here.

I actually use a paid product called Lock My PC. This product also comes with a 30 day trial, so therefore it is free at least for those 30 days ;)

TechSpot forums is only free support. But I thought I'd post what I happen to use, as an alternative to Ctrl+Alt+Del, for you.

Just my input, but on my laptop when i do a ctrl etc the background is the same as the desktop...its always been that way, even when i had the windows teletubby background on from first install.

Ok i just had a quick play try this, set your desktop to no picture (ie plain blue). apply it and lock and unlock the pc and the screen will stay blue

Ok the only picture type i could use, that would leave the lock screen as blue, when set as a desktop item was a small animate GIF file i had of a cat sticking its tongue out which was only a few pixels by a few pixels but i set it to tile to fill the screen and it didnt change the lock screen, not sure why, i tried to create another GIF from a JPG and that one changed the desktop and lock screen, perhaps your previous desktop picture was a gif file of some type.

Hope i made myself understood...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back