World of Warcraft: FPS...What else can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i have a weak notebook....

Compaq Presario 2200
stock graphics card (i don't know what it is)
Celeron 1.4 GHZ
1 GB RAM

i just upgrade the RAM and the lappy can finally run WoW but of course my FPS is at around 4-10FPS. its doable but its just annoying. i can't PvP in the battlegrounds cos of the FPS.

i made WoW.exe the highest priority in the task manager. i saw little difference. i have a desktop that runs WoW like a champ but this lappy is mainly when i go over to friends places and play. is there anything i can do BESIDES buying a new laptop to increase my FPS?

You could try overclocking. I don't know if it's possible with onboard graphics, nor how easy it would be but it probably wouldn't make too much difference anyway. Also make sure your video settings are manageable by your laptop, as this will also cause the drop in frame rates. The last solution i can think of would be to get a new mobo, but that's probably beyond getting one game working.

What you could do is actualy get out of stock videocards :haha:

go to www.newegg.com and go to Videocards and look for Notebook sytles and see if your computer can support is ( Do laptops have PSU? )

Hope I helped :)

always heard that they cant...(in short)
u coudl ditch WoW buy Guild wars and save your month fees for a graphics card :)

It's a laptop!! Upgrading the graphics will be seriously expensive as it will undoubtedly mean a new mobo!!!!

Hmm... Well then again I never worked on laptops Rik :haha:

I didnt even know laptops could actualy get upgraded ( RAM, videocard, mobo )

It's just that a new graphics card and overclocking and the like were suggested, but none of it is possible on that laptop without spending so much money that buying one of higher spec wiil probably work out cheaper!!!

Ah ok, Well Desktops are way better then Laptops, I only play my Zero Hour on Laptop ( I play it more on desktop ) but still I would choose a Desktop over any laptop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back