World of Warcraft framerate issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since i visited dragonblight in northrend i have been experiencing fps issues. i do not know why this is but i have tried various techniques and nothing has worked. Can anyone help me?
here are some details of my laptop:

Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57, 1900 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Name NVIDIA GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M

i have 2gb of ram as well.

If anyone can help please post. thanks.

GeForce 7000M isn't exactly a powerful video chipset. The lag is probably caused by the upgraded texture resolutions in the expansion combined with the influx of players to the new zones.

Thanks for clearing that up. i will just adjust settings for just now and hopefully things will get smoother as ppl spread out.

i have the same problem. Im not reinstalling it on my computer till my HDD problem is solved. most likely the problem is the new patch if you still have burning crusade.

turn ground clutter density down to nil, same with ground clutter distance(radius), i think its called.
Texture detail to mid-low level, spell detail to mid-low, Terain distance to mid-low

Turn off full screen glow, turn off death affect.

Try going to the lowest settings possible, reading the tooltips to ensure your changes are reducing the impact on the video card. As another has said, the video card isn't great, so see if this at least improves the framerate to determine it is the card.Then, start upping certain areas to test which is causing high impact and what isn't.

Another thing to check is the new shadow setting, which creates a huge load to cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back