Would canceling a defragmentation damage my PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Would canceling a defragmentation that's already in process damage my PC in any way? Because I started one and it looks like it's gonna take a while, and I want to go to bed and Perfectdisk doesn't seem to have an option to switch off my PC after finishing. I recently purchased this software and I'm new to this whole defragmentation thing, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit : Sorry if I posted in the wrong section, I'm new here.

Alright thanks.
Just to be clear, I don't have any problem. I was just asking if canceling the process would cause one, lol

When you go back to it, it is a partially defragmented drive... but you don't start where you left off... You start again with that partially defragmented drive, and end with a fully defragmented drive. The system remembers that some files and folders were defragmented, in a way. But it is really just defragmenting what it finds now.

The problem is elsewhere.

lol. Come on Raybay. There was no problem to begin with. lol again. I was doing defrag last night and decided to cancel it for the same reason. It shouldn't cause damage imo.

Does the Windows Vista defrag tool give the option to turn off the machine when done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back