WOW AMD 64 probelms already

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjang

ok... sometimes my new Rig just acts up sometimes like it just becomes really slow and the mouse pointer just moves with bad choke and some programs dont respond but all of a sudden the comp goes back to normal but when it is acting up it makes A repeating beeping noise from the comp/mobo not the speakers and ive never had probelms like these ever (no message or ne thing pops up and when it happens for a while i just have to turn off my comp manually)

and another thing my bios start up every time i start my comp and some fasttrak thing is this normal it just says asus motherboad bio and it says press del to start up the bios

sorry for the nubness and the bad grammer dam im pissed
thanks again for listening to my probelms

Watch your language on this forum.
Mictlantecuhtli

Leave the task manager open & see what process takes up the CPU the most at those times.

Also take a log in the event viewer & see if anything shows up there.

Like I said in your other trend

It is probably a bad dimm slot..you seemed to ask differnt questions and were not specific on what the problem was in the other trend...I said that a buddy of mine has the same board and it has a fualty DIMM 1 slot....wont even boot with a DIMM installed in it...
He slapped the two DIMMS he has in slot 2&3 and it works fine...give it a try....maybe they just had a bad batch of mobos it happens....all else fails maybe you have a bad stick of memory...try running eachh stick alone

It is possible....but it still sounds like a memory issue....unclock the 5200 and see what happens.....Its called problem solving....Trial and Error....give it a shot one of these days......

And did you try what i recommended ? It takes all of 2 minutes and that includes the reboot ?

there is a P4 computer at my work that sounds like it has the same problem as yours, jjang. Lagged mouse movements, seemingly random stops & crashes. Might be the same type of issue.

yea i did i switched the ram on the slots and it didnt make much of a difference also this is happening like every 3-4 hours im on the comp i know it doesnt sound like a big deal but im scared...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back