wowexec trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokewater

I believe a have the wowexec trojan but have not been able to find out how to uninstall it. The first problem I noticed was when I was browsing the internet,I was instantly disconnected from everything and my computer suddenly slowed down to a crawl. I opened up the task manager and noticed a suspicious process. wowexec.exe unlike everything else had a space in front of it and the spot where it says mem usage was completely blank. I disconnected from the internet and ran Security Taskmanager. wowexec didnt show up in the list of processes. I reconnected to the internet and looked up wowexec and the majority of sites said that it was a process vital to windows. I did find one site were a person had said that if it had a space in front of it, it was a trojan and he himself had it and didnt know how to get rid of it. Thus I decided to come here and ask for your help. It is greatly appreciated. I have since ended the process but I doubt that will stop it completely.

wowexec.exe is a part the operating system, and supports the use of 16-bit processes within Windows NT, 2000, XP and later version of Windows.This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

If you think your system may be infected, go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log as a .txt attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back