Xiaomi takes aim at Apple with the Mi Notebook Pro

By Shawn Knight ยท 7 replies
Sep 11, 2017
Post New Reply
  1. Xiaomi locked horns with Apple last summer with its Mi Notebook Air, a direct competitor to the trendy MacBook Air. This year, The Chinese electronics maker is targeting Apple’s MacBook Pro with the new Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro.

Xiaomi’s Mi Notebook Pro features a 15.6-inch display (1,920 x 1,080 pixels, 142 PPI) coated in Corning’s Gorilla Glass. Systems can be equipped with up to an eighth-gen Intel Core i7-8550U processor, 16GB of DDR4 RAM and a 256GB PCIe solid-state drive.

Nvidia GeForce MX 150 graphics come standard, as do the two USB Type-C ports, two full-size USB 3.0 ports, full-size HDMI port, a 3-in-1 SD card reader and 3.5mm audio jack. There’s also a full-size, backlit keyboard with 1.5mm key travel, a sizable glass touchpad with built-in fingerprint sensor, dual Harman Infinity speakers, dual-band 802.11 ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.1.

The system’s 60Wh battery is reportedly good for up to nine hours (local video playback) and thanks to quick charge technology, can receive a 50 percent charge in just 35 minutes.

The Mi Notebook Pro measures 360.7 mm x 243.6 mm x 15.9 mm (14.2 inches x 9.6 inches x 0.625 inches) at a weight of 1.95 kg (4.29 pounds).

Pricing starts at 5,599 Chinese Yuan (around $858) for the base model Mi Notebook Pro and tops out at 6,999 Yuan ($1,073). Systems go on sale September 15.

Permalink to story.

2. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 2,948   +1,637

No doubt the Apple lawyers will petition the courts to ban sales in the US if Apple isn't being paid a royalty ....

3. lazer

lazer TS Enthusiast Posts: 98   +24

The article neglected to mention the OS it was using. Can you fill this in?

4. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,493   +1,784

Uing-Dou-OS

vimann and Skidmarksdeluxe like this.
  5. JimmyJJ

JimmyJJ TS Rookie

It's windows, but there's always a way to install MacOS. My friend is using 2016 Mi Notebook with MacOS sierra with no issues. I know he had issues with Wireless adapter, but he solved it later on.

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 8,280   +3,065

Ha-so.

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 8,280   +3,065

You go for it Xiaomi and to hell with the consequences. Everybody's sick & tired of Apple trying to run roughshod over ever everyone.

TempleOrion likes this.
  8. Neojt

Neojt TS Booster Posts: 206   +49

What consequences would there be , it looks like a laptop, I dont thing Apple as a pattent on a computer that folds the screen onto the keyboard that has square edges.
    Its running windows so not really a threat. lots of Mac book pros are used by Developper that have no choice to buy one if they want to build IOS apps