XION-II vs. Logisys for good cooled case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind. Its been a day without any help. While the threads above and under me get answers.

Consider this thread closed. Thanks a lot guys.

Don't be angry...

Your thread topic just doesn't fit into the interests of others in here. Cases are cool things, don't get me wrong, but comparing cases is just plain too hard to do, personal tastes usually matters more.

Besides, the case choices you mentioned aren't really well known cases (such as Tt armor, Antec Sonata, LianLi PC1000, etc)

A simple thread bump would have sufficed. ;)

Personally, I wouldn`t buy either of those cases. According to the reviews the first one seems to be a royal pain in the bum to work with.

The second one comes with a generic psu, that I wouldn`t trust in my system.

Take a look at this case HERE. I`d say it was far superior to the other cases and comes with an Antec psu. It`s only $49:99 with the $50 mail-in rebate.

Regards Howard :)

Sonata II is one of the best cases around, I'd personally recommend it too, especially at that price.

I have a related XION case, I guess it could be considered a XION I, the first generation of XION cases. The cases are very similar but not identical inside. It isn't fancy like the Sonata II but to me it is roomy and easy to work in. It is sturdy and the metal isn't too thin like some budget cases. The front plastic fascia is not flimsy and the leds lighting the front are nice. Although mine came with a power supply, I never used it. I removed it and replaced it with an Antec 550W.

That said, I'm not saying it is the best case or necessarily the best value for the buck but it is a decent case IMHO.

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't angry I just read the reviews on the logisys and saw that it needed like 10 screws to be removed to open the side. The XION-II looks kewl but like you said comes with a generic PSU that wouldn't last for a day.

Howard the Antec case you pointed out is a great case. My neighbor has one. And yes Antec PSUs are some of the best around. Either way I was going to upgrade the PSU to an OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU.

Still thanks for the recommending the Antec case. I think I'll get that.

Personally, I like the design of the Thermaltake Armor, but lately I've been taking a look at the Gigabyte offerings. The Aurora seems like a good case too. These would be more pricey though. They're also aluminum, which makes them slightly lighter, but the Sonata II is light enough as it is.

Thanks for reccomending the Sonata-II case howard. After reading reviews on the web and on newegg itself I see that that is a great case. I like the fact that its black and not to falshy. After all those cases tend to be made poorly. Plus I can always add and LED fan or three if I need pretty-ness.

You`re very welcome mate.

If I`d known about the Sonata case myself at the time, I would`ve got it instead of my Thermaltake XaserIII.

Not that I`m saying there`s anything wrong with the thermaltake case, but it was a little expensive for what it is. ;)

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back