XP Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 4 months ago we started getting BSOD on 4 or 5 of our 25 XP Pro workstations. The workstation are different model Dell PC's, purchased at different times.

I've attached a debuglog from analyzing one of the minidmp files.

I'd like to figure out the underlying cause.

Any help would be great!

Attachments

• debuglog.txt
    21 KB · Views: 3
0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware and are strong indicators of corrupted memory. However, sometimes they can be caused by drivers.

Please attach your five most recent minidumps in your next post.

Thanks for the reply, I would have though memory also, if it wasn't happening on 4 completely different PC's.

Here are the last 3 minidmps from 2 separate PC's

Attachments

• minidmp.zip
    96.1 KB · Views: 3
  • minidmp2.zip
    38.8 KB · Views: 3
One of your minidumps was corrupted and thus unreadable.

Five are the 0x8E error and they simply cite OS drivers.

One was 0x50 and these can be caused by numerous things os which antivirus software is one. This one gave us the driver eamon.sys as the cause and this driver belongs to NOD32.

I run NOD32 and it is an excellent product but this driver has been known to cause problems now and then. Are all your machines running NOD32 and what version are you running?

Yeah, we run Nod32 V4 on all workstations, managed with the Remote Administrator console.

I was starting to wonder if the AV could be the issue, it was rolled out in Nov 09. Crashing started in Jan-Feb. I think I may remove ESET on 2 of the problem PC's, maybe temporarily put security essentials on them, and see if the crashing stops.

If you are not aware of it the official ESET NOD32 forums can be found at www.wilderssecurity.com The community is very active and helpful. I would certainly join up and post there. Tell them of your issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back