XP download speed slow compared to Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyrklaunavan

Hi I just downgraded to XP 32 Bit from Vista.

In Vısta my downloads were at full potential (90K) but in XP Internet Explorer 6 the same filedownload speed is 15, 20K approximately. What can be the problem ? Ihave XP SP3 installed and İnternet Explorer Version 6.0.2900.5512

If I can not fix this, I have to return to Vista which I do not want to because of other reasons.

There is no reason that I know of why the download speed for Windows XP should be slower that Vista>> unless>> you have a lot of 'left over' Vista files and folders on your hard drive.

Consider also that the servers might have more traffic at the time you are attempting the downloads. Suggest you give it a few days, try at different times of the day and see if you note any significant difference. A call to the ISP might also be indicated.

Hi I just downgraded to XP 32 Bit from Vista.

In Vısta my downloads were at full potential (90K) but in XP Internet Explorer 6 the same filedownload speed is 15, 20K approximately. What can be the problem ? Ihave XP SP3 installed and İnternet Explorer Version 6.0.2900.5512

If I can not fix this, I have to return to Vista which I do not want to because of other reasons.

Could you clarify
1) Exactly which tool are you using to post your statistics of 90K vs 15-20K?
2) If using a download speed test,
==> Which one you using?
==> have you repeated the test at different times of day?
==> have you always tested using a server that's geographically close to you?
3) What type of internet connection do you have? Cable? DSL? Broadband cellular? Dialup? etc.
4) I'd suggest you start further testing by first looking at http://www.speedguide.net/speedtest/. You'll find a variety of download test sites as well as info on others' experience based on internet connection type and geo-location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back