XP-Pro - Can I use an XP home recovery disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about upgrading to XP pro from Xp home. However because the XP pro is only an upgrade and is a coporate edition i received through work i will not be able to use the disc as a recovery cd. Will i be able to use an existing XP home disc that was sent with my PC.
If any one knows about this matter could they please post a response.

If it's a standard upgrade cd, even open license, you should be able to run the recovery from the upgrade cd.

Even though Home edition is essentially Pro with some missing features you may have problems repairing if the items being repaired are exclusive to Pro.

So can you quite easily switch between the two then without leaving your data. I know you'll have to do a new install each time but i can backtrack to home. The thing is i wont have the xp-pro disc i've got to give that back to work.

Oh. You should copy the contents to your harddrive. Or even better, if you have a burner, copy or make an ISO of it then burn it.

DISCLAIMER:
I am telling you to make a copy of the disk under the assumption that your IT staff, or company is providing you with a valid license to use the software. I do not publicly support piracy.

I've enough flags in the eschelon's database.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back