XP Pro no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

tessmax

hi tessmax er,i have no sound on pc it says no audio device but i had a look in device manager and it is there but have an error symble on one item " microsoft kernel audio wave mixer " i,m a novice and have no idea what that is or how to fix it,dont know what has happend to it must be something that i have done thats for sure but no idea what,can anyone help me out plz,my system is xp pro

Could you please tell us the make/model of your computer. What XP Pro Service Pack (SP) level is installed?

• Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32
  • Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, then Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy Paste into next post

Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer SW\{B7EAFDC0-A680-11D0-96D8-00AA0051E51D}\{9B365890-165F-11D0-A195-0020AFD156E4} Failure using the VxD loader.
hi lookinaround this is what i found in problem devices hope it helps,dont know the make of pc or what service pack will try and find it ok thanks,
i found some thing it says version 5.1.2600 / service pack 3 build 2600
system name oem
system model oem
x86 based pc
got this info from system info is that what you need

Tessmax

Something has corrupted an existing audio driver. This can often result as the result of installing something that does not install correctly.

Did you recently try installing a new driver? or new media software? Either of which was related to audio and/or video? such as a new media player, or sound enhancement software, etc?

Try method 1. If unsuccessful, follow the System Restore instructions to check:
- How many restore points you currently have saved
- How far back in the calendar do the restore points go?
- Select and attempt a System Restore point to a date you think was OK

Method 1. Try uninstalling whatever program(s) install might have caused the problem.
(the problem would have started sometime after the installation)
- click and open Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs
- Review the list of installed programs
- Anything you see that you recently installed? Try uninstalling and rebooting to see if problem clears up

Method 2. System Restore
Here;s a Microsoft link describing how to do a system restore to a prior date when things were working. NOTE
- System restore points are NOT complete system backups but only attempts to save system critical data.
- As a result, System restore is not guaranteed to work (because it only tries restoring system data. It doesn't restore all your system and file info and data)

Post back if you have any question. And certainly as to your results as well (i hope successful results!)

hi lookinaround,first let me say thanks for trying to help me with my problem i appreciate it,i did try the system restore when i first had the problem and went back a couple of days but it did not help just said no changes were made to system,then i went back to last month still no joy said same thing,,i have just sent an email to foxcon who make the motherboard to see if they can help,i do have the installation cd which i have told them so maybe they can come up with something,i dont know how to use the cd and i dont want to do any more damage by trying to down load anything from it,anyway thanks again and i will post again if or when i get it sorted to let you know ok, who knows it may just help someone else with the same problem thanks again''''' tessmax

still no luck fixing my pc, been on to foxconn over the motherboard, still waiting for a reply,no doubt they will get back to me just a matter of time,been looking around for the microsoft kernel wave audio mixer that is damageed on my pc but no luck yet will keep trying and let you know ok

hi lookinaround hope you see this,got it sorted out,found a couple of fix's , 1st but not perfect it works most of time i,m told but not for me ha! uninstal then reboot and the windows detects it and puts it back, 2nd is start run - type ms/scannow - and it will ask for your xp disc then it finds what you need and puts in place but you do need the xp disc for this to work and it did for me up and running again sweet as a nut thanks again for your help

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

As well as letting us know the fixes that seemed to work for you! It's good to have sound!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back