XP setup starts over and over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smartmike

I formated my hard drive to get full memory because 35 gbs were missing, the computer only had 5gbs. Anyways I'm installing XP pro on a blank hard drive ,i agree ,and it copies the files then restarts. After it restarts it makes me agree again and copies the files again to then start the same process over and over. Can anyone help?

It's looping because you left your Windows XP disc in the boot drive while it was restarting. When the files are copied and Windows XP reboots for the first time, you can take out the installation disc so that it does not attempt to copy the files (which has already been done).

Its not that I done this many time before. I did try taking out the disk and it gives me boot failure.

Smartmike said:
Its not that I done this many time before. I did try taking out the disk and it gives me boot failure.

You should have noted that you had an error message in the first post. What is the exact error message? Do you have an HDD that uses the SATA interface and are you loading the SATA drivers if needed?

...and it copies the files then restarts.
Does it restart all by itself or are you manually restarting by responding to the message, "Press any key to boot from CD."? After Windows files are copied and it reboots, the "Press any key..." message will appear. At this point don't press any key. Do nothing and setup should continue by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back