Xp system instability...random crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

nst

Hi guys, been having problems with system stability recently. System basically restarts randomly. Have tried to pin down the cause but can't so am requesting help.

Have tried the steps in the sticky above on refreshing the page file. defragging etc. Problem still hasn't gone away. All rams have cleared 7 cycles of memtest at 2.65 volts and 2.6 volts without problems, though everything has been reset to stock already.

My system specs are as follows :
AMD 64X2 4200+
MSI K8N Neo 4 Platinum
2 x 512mb Kingston CH5 PC3200 DDR
2 x 512mb Mushkin Black Line BH5 DDR
Inno 6600GT 128mb
Creative Audugy ZS Platinum
BenQ 1640
Gigabyte CD-RW
Hitachi/IBM 80GB SATA II
Western Digital 240GB SATA HD
Verudium Vortex 430W

Am fairly sure its not a power issue and the core temp never exceeds 49 degrees even at full load. Its about 44/45 idle. +12V is at 17 amps so am guessing that thats not the problem either. Am guessing it might be the soundcard though... Anyone able to help? Last 5 minidumps attached.

Would be most grateful for any assistance and thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Mini091607-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 8
  • Mini091507-03.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 5
  • Mini091507-02.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 6
  • Mini091207-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 5
There is a conflict between your antivirus programme McAfee and daemon tools. Uninstalling Daemon tools may well solve your problem.

If it doesn`t, please go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps.

Regards Howard :)

Get a larger PSU 430W not enough you have good number of items there. The RAM seems to be two different brands are the Mushkin doublebank with RAM chips on both sides? They should match what Kingston RAM is?

How many cooling fans you have installed?

Hi howard, will uninstall daemon and see if it helps. have already tried the steps in the sticky but will go through them again.

Tipstir, both are double sided ram. 3 fans installed.

Hi to all, ok, have replaced my power supply and followed the steps in the sticky. another two recent restarts/log files attached... could anyone tell me if they shed any further light? Thx in advance again...

Attachments

• Mini091907-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 6
Your minidumps are crashing with various culprits and have bugchecks of D1 and 7F.

I have to conclude this is some type of hardware problem.

Test your ram/hard drive/mobo etc, also try changing your IDE cables.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back