Yahoo launches Axis search browser for desktop, mobile platforms

Matthew

In its continued effort to supply us with head-scratching headlines, Yahoo has unveiled a pseudo-Web browser. Dubbed "Axis," the HTML5-based software will be a standalone browser for mobile platforms including...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/48730-yahoo-launches-axis-search-browser-for-desktop-mobile-platforms.html"]Read the whole story[/newwindow]

G

"[SIZE=14px][FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=14px][FONT=Helvetica]If you're viewing a page on your desktop, you can hop on your iPad and pick up right where you left off"[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=14px][FONT=Helvetica]Implying you can't already do this with Android, and quite possibly with iOS apps too for all I know.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=14px][FONT=Helvetica]I use this feature on Android constantly, and it's a God-send, but I'll not be installing anything made by Yahoo, especially when it's copying a feature I already have.[/FONT][/SIZE]

G

Hmm, looks interesting for my desktop. I'll give it a try in Firefox, maybe it'll be good.

G

[FONT=Arial]Sounds like you would login to Yahoo and they keep this information on their servers. No thanks; everything you do is being tracked with your implicit consent since you are using a free app. I’d rather use DuckDuckGo.[/FONT]