Your favourite quotes

Didou

If possible, also put the author of the quote.:)

Here are some of mine :

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato.
(if anyone happens to know who said the following quote)
"Results are what you expect, consequences are what you get." Unknown author
"If we knew what we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein
"Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get." Jerry Avins

I don't know anything, but I know where to look for.

(I don't know the author of the quote, no kidding. So I looked for, but I didn't find. Therefore, I'm stupid according to the quote)

There are those who follow a path, and those who trace one. Hannibal

"Verus amicus amore more ore re cognoscitur" Virgilius (Latin for : Friend becomes known in the love, the disposition, the speeches, the deeds)

"The worse thing you can do to your enemies is not to hate them, but to treat them with indifference" Blaise Pascal

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

"The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense." Edsgar Dijkstra

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg." Bjarne Stroustrup

Favorite quote, one liner or sequence

Steve B's quote of moe made me laugh - "Looks like it's suicide for me again!"..and i got to thinking about the time peter griffin is asked his name and hes looking around and he sees a pea and goes "p"...(and then he sees someone eating) and says "eater...peter..."(and then a griffin flys by) and he says "griffin..peter griffin..dang" haha

or the time homers brain is saying "dont tell him revenge, dont tell him revenge" and homer goes "revenge?... d'oh!" and his brain responds with "thats it im out of here (footsteps walking away)" :D hahaha

then theres every episode of ATHF

Glad you liked poor Moes quote...
The Simpsons is full of 'em, thats just one that stuck in my mind...

Heres one from Ripping Yarns...
"Sorry son, I'm gonna have to kill yer"

"What, Completely?"

"Eh?"

"Well our Dad were always saying how he'd 1/2 kill me..."

"Alright you primitive screw-heads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan; retails for about one hundred nine, ninety-five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right, shop smart, shop S-Mart!" -Bruce Cambell(Ash)
From Army of Darkness

"Hail to the king baby!"

" We're not here because we're free............we're here because we're NOT free." - Agent Smith from The Matrix Reloaded.

Agent Smith is my idol :p

Microsoft Windows: A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition

"Reality is subjective. Sometimes, some versions can be offensive, but none the less, each one thing is different to each human being alive." ...unknown author.

true friends stab you in the front
keep you from getting what you want
when one more fix could kill you
- Thrice - The Beltsville Crucible
This is a .44 caliber love letter straight from my heart
straight from my heart
deal with it
- Alexisonfire - .44 Caliber Love Letter
Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason it was put up.
- G. K. Chesterton
The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.
- Joseph Heller, Catch 22
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
- Douglas Adams, "Last Chance to See"
When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
- Oscar Wilde, An Ideal husband, 1893
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
- Martin Luther King Jr.
Don't flinch when innocents
are dancing with the flame
if they wanted to live
they'd learn to play the game
- Thrice - Under A Killing Moon
It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
- Alfred Adler
What's another word for Thesaurus?
- Steven Wright
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
- Horace Walpole
Leave it to a girl to take the fun out of sex discrimination.
- Bill Watterson, Calvin in "Calvin and Hobbes"
I have not lost my mind - it's backed up on disk somewhere.
- Unknown
Time is infinitely more precious than money, And there is nothing common between them. You can't accumulate time; you cannot borrow time; You can never tell how much time you have left In the Bank of Life. Time is life.
- Israel Davidson
If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?
- Scott Adams
Life is a zoo in a jungle.
- Peter De Vries
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
- Jules de Gaultier
Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without any proof.
- Ashley Montague
Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so.
- Gore Vidal
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert Einstein, (attributed)
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller, "Catch-22"
If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results.
- Jack Dixon
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
- Thomas Neill
I pray that power be not in my words
But in truth that supercedes the mind of man
Let mine eyes not fail with looking upward.
- Thrice - That Hideous Strength
when deadbolts awake you from deja vu dreams,
at four in the morning you know where I’ll be.
out running red lights asleep at the wheel.
- Thrice - Deadbolt
knowledge locked in a tower
barons will hold the key
but if knowledge is power,
know this is tyranny
all we're asking for is what's ours
you think they're selling you truth,
truth is, they're selling you out
- Thrice - Hoods On Peregrine
This is my voice, all shadows stayed. this is my heart, upon the altar laid
Please take all else away, hear my cry, I beg, I plead, I pray
I’ll walk into the flame, a calculated risk to further bless your name
So strike me deep and true, and in your strength I will live and die both unto you.
- Thrice - Identity Crisis
my hands are shaking from fear
white from clutching my pride
red from cutting you
and blue from telling lies
- Thrice - Kill Me Quickly
they preach to the choir, always in the permanent daylight
they toss paper tigers from their perfect porcelain skylines, shatterproof spires
listen for the sound, as it all comes crashing down
they light the world on fire, just to watch it burn
it'll be their funeral pyre, but they never seem to learn
and we paid the price, we paid for their crimes with our blood
and our lives
- Thrice - Paper Tigers
So feed us all another lie
To still our thoughts, appease our pride
So we won't have to change the way
We see, we live, we love, we die
Our lusts precede our blasphemy
Our logic reads like notes from tainted autopsy
Our souls they speak of something more
But we can't look beyond ourselves
We implore empty skies because
Our hearts hold room for no one else
We extend our claws to grasp the shadows of the
Ideals we have lost
Casualty of a subtle dagger
Buried to the hilt in our heart
Blood on our hands
- Thrice - A Subtle Dagger
i cant reason with you
i speak words you can't hear
social conditioning left you with deafened ears
so i take your face in hand
see that look in your eyes
that rigormortis stare,
that look that i despise
and so i turn from you
i walk these streets alone
alone i search for truth
ideal that you've disowned
and wait with fingers crossed
and pray you'll someday find
a way to see things though your own eyes
- Thrice - Unquestioned Answers

A few more - I'd forgotten about this thread!

"The smallest minority is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

"A baby is the most complicated item that can ever be created by unskilled labour" - unknown

I really like this post just saw it all thanks to SPike <hats OFF>

The ones i like

It is easier to forgive a enemy then to forgive a Freind - william Blake,about forgiveness

The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it. - Jean Paul, about wisdom

and the best off them all

Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done.-Andy Rooney, about computer

kinda my fav one i made it myself is my signature.

Quotes

Kinda an old thread, but here are a few

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
Thats Da Vinci

"I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill."
Mahatma Gandhi

This is one of my favorites...
"Power is when you have every justification to kill someone, and then you don't"
Oscar Schindler

Sean

Faith and reason are the shoes on your feet; you can get farther with both than you could with either one alone. --Babylon 5 (in the final episode of the original 4 seasons, a ranger whose name I've forgotten...)

Willows whiten, aspens quiver, little breezes dusk and shiver.... -Alfred, Lord Tennyson, The Lady of Shallot

I have learned that a man has a right to look down on another only when he has to help the other get to his feet. -Gabriel Garcia Marquez

He who binds to himself a joy,
Does the winged life destroy.
But he who kisses the joy as it flies,
Lives in eternity's sunrise.
-William Blake

I hope I quoted & cited all those correctly; if I erred, my appologies.

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain.

Honesty is the best policy - when there is money in it.
Mark Twain.

If your parents never had children, chances are you won't, either.
D**k Cavett 1936.

When I came back to Dublin I was courtmartialed in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence.
Brendan Behan 1923-1964.

Hey guys. You can find thousands of quotes at http://www.quotationspage.com/

Enjoy.

Regards Howard :) :)

"Music is the poetry of the air." - Richter

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." - Berthold Auerbach

:) "By dark divine intervention, yeah you are a shining light." It's still stuck in my head :p

Try This.....

"You know it all, you tell me".

For fast,fast,fast relief from tedious *******s you're sure don't have a clue what the heck they're talking about but they're sure you're wrong and they're right. You should excuse yourself while they're still thinking of what's been said to them, and what they should say next.

Remember this pearl when trying this, "Discretion is the better part of valor". My second favorite quote

You Can Quote Me on This.....

redwinger said:
Is It Better To Be Feared Or Respected? And I Say, Is It Too Much To Ask For Both?

Tony Stark-
Ironman
"I'd rather be stinking filthy rice, then I could pay others to fear and respect me"!

Back