ZoneAlarm Firewall Denying Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisLam

My ZoneAlarm firewall thing is denying access from my other computer to the computer with ZoneAlarm on it. I tried finding the "Trusted Zone" area but I can not locate it.

I have version: 7.0.362.000
TrueVector engine version: 7.0.362.000
Driver version: 7.0.362.000.

It is the ZoneAlarm that monitors internet traffic too (if there is another one)

Thanks,
Chris

All you need to do is go into Zone Alarm, Firewall, Internet Zone, and turn the Internet firewall to Medium, then untick the "Block Net Bios" boxes.

That ought to do it. - it works for me, I have file & printer sharing, even with 1 pc running Ubuntu.

If it's still being blocked, look at the Logs, you'll see if Zone Alarm is blocking something when you try to connect - ie Generic Host Svcs. Then just go into Programs and allow it.

If that fails, make static IP's for your PC's and add them to the Trusted Zone.

The Windows Firewall isn't worth a pinch of poo in my opinion.

The Windows Firewall isn't worth a pinch of poo in my opinion.
True that its useless, but otherwise an important tool and the first step in network troubleshooting...

at the top right of the ZoneAlarm screen you should see 3 boxes with Program Icons in, check that there are some programs in - if not, its means that all programs are blocked because Explorer and Internet Explorer etc. should appear there if they are open.

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back