Zoolz is offering 2TB of lifetime cloud storage for $40

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Dealmaster

Staff member

There's no debating the value of cloud storage, which is why most cloud storage solutions charge a hefty sum for their services. Zoolz helps cut the cost by offering a smarter way to backup your data that's based on your preferences. Now, you can sign up for 2 terabytes of lifetime cloud storage with Zoolz for only $39.99.

You get 1TB of "instant" cloud storage and 1TB of "cold" storage (based on Amazon Glacier). Zoolz lets you archive mounds of important files and media for a fraction of the cost. Use the instant storage for files that you need to secure but routinely access. Meanwhile, cold storage is better suited for those documents you don't plan on accessing for a while. But, if you do need to reach them, you can retrieve files tucked away in cold storage in 3-5 hours. Other convenient storage features include bandwidth throttling, icon overlay, file retention and more.

This deal is set to expire soon, currently saving over 90% of this lifetime plan. Sign up for Zoolz cloud storage and 1TB Instant Vault and 1TB of Cold Storage for only $39.99.

Note: TechSpot may receive a commission for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.

Permalink to story.

Just some feedback... when you are promoting not so popular companies and specially when they offer "lifetime" things (It's more like company lifetime than an actual lifetime), it would not be a bad idea to introduce the company, talk about since when they have been in the market and so on. It's only an introduction but it could change how someone looks at the service.

What the hell is Toolz? Google brings nothing up. The deal page has no link that I could see. I don't like it that TechSpot is selling something that doesn't even seem to exist.

That's because you're searching the wrong thing @ET3D. We don't endorse every single deal that we post (they are promotions, not reviews), but our store partners perform their due diligence in making sure the companies and offers are solid. And then, we filter out a lot of stuff on top of that.

For Zoolz, before posting, we looked at different articles like these:
https://www.lifewire.com/zoolz-review-2617951
https://www.cloudwards.net/review/zoolz/
https://www.cnet.com/g00/news/get-1tb-of-cloud-storage-for-life-for-30/
http://www.toptenreviews.com/services/internet/best-online-backup-services/zoolz-review/

There are a few points missed... at least based on my reading of the details. This is only available to new customers. This will register to one computer. Problems arise if that computer goes out or replaced... at least that was my experience. It was not pleasant experience to say the least and I am more likely to say the lifetime period references the life of your computer not the company.

This service is instigated manually in every instance I have use it. No files are shareable. File sharing is provided by similar named service called zoolz intelligence. It has MUCH lower storage capacity and these two services are not compatible so that they can be merged into a single cloud storage system.

This is a very inexpensive cloud storage with lots of limitations and slow. It appears the slowness issue has to with the data being encrypted before it is uploaded. This company generates income by users needing additional storage space after they have bought a one time lifetime based storage amount with limited access.

However as a fundamental, no frills and some hidden limitations cloud service for those who do not have lots of data to save... it works. But, that omits users who want to save lots of 4k video or RAW picture files.

In the future, 2T of data storage will hold very little data... and... Zoolz is betting on that by preventing current customers to sign up for higher "lifetime" data space and splits services into various storage buckets for access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back