Zune appears in Windows Explorer but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseM

I followed this video how-to on accessing the Zune through Windows Explorer and everything worked fine at first. When I went into My Computer and opened my Zune (it showed up fine), everything appeared to work except if I tried to open, copy/paste, or drag and drop any file to or from my Zune it says "Access is Denied." I have Windows Vista. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This may be a dumb question, but are you trying to use your Zune as a portable HD when you say you can't drag and drop files? If so, I think that requires a registry hack to accomplish. I have read about it somewhere but not tried it on my Zune yet.

Tmagic650: Yes, I have installed the Zune software from the CD that came with the Zune (I assume it covers Vista).

halo71: Yes, I am trying to use my Zune as a portable HD. I succesfully accomplished the registry 'hack', and the Zune shows up in My Computer just like it should once completing the 'hack'. However, due to the "Access is Denied" dialogue, I cannot use the Zune as a portable HD.

Thank you both for your responses!

Never trust drivers off a supplied CD. This package could have set on a shelf for 6 months or more before you bought it. Go to the Zune webpage and download and install the latest Vista drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back