MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. Learn what's new on this latest version. Click here if the download does not begin automatically.
While you download, you should know...
- This download has been certified 100% clean. Tested in TechSpot labs using VirusTotal technology.
- Our editors have curated a list of 1 alternatives to MediaInfo, check them out.
- MediaInfo is available for multiple platforms (Windows/macOS).
- MediaInfo has been downloaded 13,514 times so far.
- All files are on their original form. No installers or bundles are allowed.
- Thank you for choosing TechSpot as your download destination.
More about MediaInfo
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
- What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)...(Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customise these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalisation: any language display on any version of your Operating System
What MediaInfo analyticals are include?
- Container: MPEG-4, QuickTime, Matroska, AVI, MPEG-PS (including unprotected DVD), MPEG-TS (including unprotected Blu-ray), MXF, GXF, LXF, WMV, FLV, Real...
- Tags: Id3v1, Id3v2, Vorbis comments, APE tags...
- Video: MPEG-1/2 Video, H.263, MPEG-4 Visual (including DivX, XviD), H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, FFV1...
- Audio: MPEG Audio (including MP3), AC3, DTS, AAC, Dolby E, AES3, FLAC...
- Subtitles: CEA-608, CEA-708, DTVCC, SCTE-20, SCTE-128, ATSC/53, CDP, DVB Subtitle, Teletext, SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
- Italian language update
- USAC: IOD and sampling rate coherency checking
- ADM: support of nested objects and complementary objects
- AC-4: Display of Custom downmix targets
- IAB: Parsing of IAB bitstream and ADM-like output
- Frame rate: store FrameRate_Num/Den also for integer values
- MPEG-4/MOV: support of time codes >30 fps
- MOV/MPEG-4: List of QuickTime time code discontinuities
- Dolby Vision: add info about more profiles
- Text streams: show stream frame rate if not same as container frame rate
- CDP: fix rounding of frame rate
- SCC: fix of CEA-608 FirstDisplay_Delay_Frames
- SCC: fix TimeCode_Last x MPEG-4/MOV: last time code value for all kind of QuickTime time codes
- MOV/MPEG-4: Fix frame count for NDF non-integer frame rates
- JSON: fix invalid output in some corner cases
- Several other parsing bug/crash fixes (thanks to fuzzing by users)